Best Protein for Building Muscle
The reason is not all protein powders are created equally with each one containing different ingredients and benefits. For example, some protein powders are designed to work as a mass gainer while others have low calories, low carbs, and low fat.
So what is the best type of protein powder for building muscle?
It really depends on what your goals are, how and when you plan to use your protein powder, and what your budget allows.
So when it comes to choosing the best protein powder for building muscle here are six main areas that you may want to consider:
- Fast Absorption – When it comes to a fast absorbing protein the undisputed king is whey protein powder. It quickly digests into your system and provides essential amino acids that your muscles need for recovery. If you are looking for the best protein powder to take right after a workout then this should be at the top of your list.
- Slow Absorption – Now if you plan to use a protein shake as a meal throughout the day, consider a slow absorbing protein powder such as casein. Time released protein powders are ideal for providing a slow release of amino acids throughout the day while helping you keep hunger levels under control. This is especially useful to take before going to bed or anytime during a long period without eating.
- Nutritional Facts – Are you looking to add mass or lose bodyfat? Protein powders designed as mass gainers include many other mass building ingredients in addition to protein such as glutamine, arginine and CLA. These mass gainers also contain a much higher amount of calories, carbs, and fats compared to a strict protein powder. Always read the label so you know exactly what you’re getting and choose a protein powder that meets your specific needs.
- Taste – I don’t know about you but I don’t want to drink a protein shake and plug my nose because it tastes so nasty. Even though taste is not the most important factor it may play a role in how often you use it. There are more than enough options out there as well as flavors so don’t put yourself through the pain if you don’t need to.
- Price – Finally, you got to consider what your budget allows since your protein powder will be something you purchase on a regular basis. If you can buy in bulk once you have identified the best protein powder for building muscle then do it. You’ll find much pricing for larger containers and get a much bigger bang for your buck.
Once you choose the best protein powder make sure you consume the right amount (weight in pounds and multiplying by 1 or 1.5) and select the best times to take protein.
By doing this you will maximize your muscle gains allowing you to achieve the growth you are shooting for.
For workouts tips, pro interviews, discount supplements, customized diet/workout plan, support and motivation submit your name and email below plus pick up an advanced FREE copy of “Your Bodybuilding Journey – How to Get the Body You Always Wanted” including a FREE Customized Muscle Mass & Ripped Supplement Stack Report ($297 value) =>
About the author
Marco Carbajo is a bodybuilder, entrepreneur, writer, author, speaker, trainer, and founder of Bodybuildingblogger.com, the premier online source for recreational, competitive, and aspiring pro bodybuilders, fitness, figure, and bikini athletes providing top level workouts, discount supplements, nutrition, news, support, motivation and promotion.